YOU WANT REMOTE CONTROL OF YOUR HOME SECURITY, SAFETY, AUTOMATION AND CAMERAS?
Wednesday, May 04, 2011
Two Middlesbrough Companies have developed the World’s first App for that!
Collaboration between two leading members of Middlesbrough’s digital business community has given householders the option of using apps to manage home security, safety, automation and cameras via their smart phones while they are out and about.
Sapere Software, which specialises in creating high-end, bespoke desktop, web and mobile software solutions, developed the app to a specification provided by its near neighbour the Broadband Security Centre (BBSC), which is the UK’s leading monitored security and home networking specialist. The result is the Visonic App, which achieved BBSC’s objective of breaking new ground by offering customers the convenience and simplicity of remotely controlling an integrated system comprising some of the world’s most advanced home security, safety, camera and automation equipment via familiar mobile phone technology.
With the Visonic App, users can not only arm and disarm their security, they can also:
• view inside or outside their homes via CCTV, recording on activation;
• switch lighting and heating on or off and open/close curtains;
• monitor for floods, fire, gas leaks, carbon monoxide etc or even check the well-being of any vulnerable people in the home;
• send picture messages, text messages and emails;
• connect to BBSC’s 24 hour monitoring control centre.
Apps for all the latest mobile phones - including Google Android,
Microsoft Windows 7, Blackberry and iPhone - have been uploaded to the
apps stores. They are compatible with all Visonic systems
Martin West, business strategist at BBSC, commented: -
“Collaboration with Sapere enabled us to introduce familiar apps
technology in a novel application that has raised our profile, even in
our high-tech, international marketplace. With Sapere, we had the
advantages of working with a local company, which gave us an excellent
product at a very reasonable development cost. There is no doubt that
the return and benefits to the BBSC will far outweigh the costs –
particularly at a time when rising recession-driven crime and falling
police budgets are dramatically raising the profile of the home security
The launch of the apps is the latest landmark in a period of sustained
investment and development that has established BBSC at the forefront of
the UK digital home security sector. Other major achievements include: -
• The development of a purpose-designed City & Guilds, CISCO and
Microsoft digital academy at Middlesbrough as a venue for accredited
training to bridge the skills gap in the industry
• Partnership links that have resulted in BBSC hosting servers for two major international OEMs
• The launch of a ground-breaking, on-line home security survey on the BBSC website at www.lockeduphomesecurity.com.
For further information, contact Martin@bbscentre.com; telephone: +44 1642 231 331